Saturday 16 June 2012

Vegan Question Answered: But there's no protein in veggies?!

So...
Being vegan, I constantly get asked the most ridiculous questions. And I'm going to be answering them once and for all. 

But there's no protein in veggies?!

Whole grains, nuts, lentils, beans, and even seeds are excellent sources of protein. As for high performance protein powders for athletes, brown rice and hemp protein is the way to go!

Soy has been proven to boost estrogen levels, which is most likely undesired in males, which is why I do not recommend soy for protein powders (tofu and other soy products are fine, because protein is much less concentrated).

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is very useful information! So you've never eaten meat before? Cuase I thought being vegan meant you only abstain from certain meat products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, my family raised me to eat me, but I have been vegetarian for the past six years and vegan for the past three...

      I'll make a post about this, but vegan is the most extreme for of vegetarianism where you abstain from consuming any animal producy or derivative (so no meat, fish, egg, milk, etc...)

      Delete
  2. omg... no cheese or milk at all how can you live with that??? how does ur family feel about that?? lol sryy for being so nosy!

    P.S. i bet u must get all the girls with tht cute face ^.^

    ReplyDelete